In the video tutorial above, we go step by step through the process of creating a custom name WAX account (for use in the WAX Anchor Wallet) using a WAX Cloud Wallet (WCW) account.
How To Create WAX Account
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Creating a WAX Blockchain Account for Anchor Wallet
- Get a WAX Cloud Wallet Account (WCW)
If you do not already have a WCW, visit https://wallet.wax.io/ to get your free WAX Cloud Wallet using an email or other form of login.
- Generate Keys for New WAX Blockchain Account
Visit https://wax.bloks.io/wallet/utilities/keys to generate new public and private keys for the WAX account that you will create in the next step.
**Write the keys down and store them in a safe place**
- Create New WAX Account
Visit https://wax.bloks.io/wallet/create-account and login with your WAX Cloud Wallet (WCW).
Create your new WAX account by filling out the fields on the page.
– Give your new account a name (name must be 12 characters long and can include a-z and 1-5
– Input the PUBLIC Active and Owner keys created in the previous step
– Adjust NET, CPU, RAM if desired
- Download and Install Anchor WAX Wallet
Visit https://greymass.com/en/anchor/download/ to download and install Anchor Wallet.
- Import New WAX Account into Anchor Wallet
Import the ACTIVE key (created in step 2) into Anchor Wallet.
WAX Proxy Voting: https://eosio.support/how-to-wax-proxy-voting/
Claim WAX Rewards: https://eosio.support/claiming-daily-wax-rewards/